As we enter the final weeks of the year and reflect on all we have seen and done, we rejoice at the privilege of working with people of wonder and power.
We’ve seen it in the ministry of Bartholomy and his wife Miriam to forgotten children on the streets of Bukavu, Congo; in the faces of forty-five participants who are now beginning the Biogas revolution; in the lives of women like Wendy, a single mother with plenty of dreams for her young sons, who can now give them the education she couldn’t afford as a child. We’ve seen it in the multiplication of the Celebrating Children Workshop in South Africa, Mexico, and rural Tanzania; in the piles of books donated to preschools in Rwanda; in the smile of a man who could use a phone again after being given a pair of reading glasses in the village of Engitani. Each of these stories, and many more, are made possible through people of wonder and power working together on behalf of the most vulnerable.
This year you have made so much possible by your generosity and service:
- Seven cows and three calves have become a sustainable source of income and nutrition in Engikaret, impacting +2,000 community members
- The Second Chance will open, a shop that gives jobs to young teenage mothers without employment opportunities
- 45 participants attended the Biogas bootcamp in Uganda and are returning home to 7 East African nations with what they learned, with the future impact of +5500 community members.
- 23 participants attended the Celebrating Children Workshop Part 1 in Salem, Oregon in July
- A third-generation Celebrating Children Workshop in South Africa trained 13 participants impacting over 1800 children at risk.
- 100 pounds of books were donated to preschools in Rwanda.
- Two clinics served 650 patients in rural villages of Tanzania, providing eye care and diagnosing everything from serious tumors to joyful pregnancies.
Thank you for your crucial partnership in changing lives around the world.